Meeting Minutes

January 29, 2024

President – Moira Fisher
1st Vice President - Robin Marquart (cont)
2nd Vice President – Jo McManus
Treasurer – Kim Belisle
Secretary – Sherry McCoy Quinones

In Attendance:
Nick Gasemy (Director), Moira Fisher (President), Robin Marquart (1st VP), Jo McManus (2nd VP), Kim Belisle (Treasurer), Sherry McCoy Quinones (Secretary),

Call to order Motion: Moira (7:02pm)
        1st : Moira
        2nd : Kim B

Previous meeting’s minutes
no corrections
                    Motion to approve: (NONE)
                    1st :
                    2nd  :

First Report - Nick Gasemy (Director)
  • Thank you for the huge undertaking of the Disney trip. A few students got sick, but was a very successful trip overall - it was a very smooth trip. They would love to travel again in the future.
  • First indoor rehearsal is tonight. Looking for a relaxed and fun experience - anyone can join. Can try a new instrument or to stay active with music.
  • Calendars will be synced asap - the Google calendar is updated. Percussion will be on Monday and Color Guards will be on Thursday. 8th graders are also welcome.
  • At least 9 students from TJ were in All County. Looking at Middle School participants for All County this weekend. Our students represented themselves very well.
  • In the process of creating a small ensemble concert for the spring. May include an indoor performance too. Looking for dates in early May.
  • Banquet date being coordinated with all teachers/ensembles.
  • Concert band is going well - has 24 students who were not involved in the fall. Would love to have more overlap. Adjudication will happen again, and challenging pieces are being selected.
  • Pit orchestra has started practicing. 28 players in pit orchestra, including one outside synth/keyboard player from outside.
  • Thank you for everyone’s support and encouragement.
  • Jen Anderson - KIDA update. Hosting an indoor competition for 28 groups participating. TJBB are in charge of running the program. Parking, getting in and out, as well as food. Cindy is going to help after successful Breakfast with Santa. Leadership positions are mostly full and a signup genius will come out soon. March 9th. Everyone in a leadership position is either a senior parent or alumni parent. Need some underclassmen parents to shadow and help. There will be a bakesale (need donations). We ask for sponsors for 24 different awards. We usually sponsor awards. There will be a signup genius to sponsor an award. Moira shares that this is the biggest fundraiser and it is all hands on deck. There are a lot of logistics. Signup geniuses will go out soon. Many places for anyone to step in and help (judges room, parking, logistics, food etc). Speak with Jen/Moira/Nick if you have questions or interest in volunteering. If you’re thinking about helping with this, there is help and support to walk you through. More information will be on the signup geniuses.  Comment from Denise - younger siblings can signup to help too. Jen comments that she will be asking other clubs to help too. Jo asks Jen about selling flowers and shares that she has a contact for flower fundraiser, but needs a number of expected sales. Cindy asks about food from 1-8pm or all day. But competition doesn’t begin until 3pm, so 1pm would be a set up time. Nick will get a schedule closer to the date. Nick also adds that Shaun Kerry might be willing to cook on his trailer. Denise adds about food - maybe purchase from Chick-Fil-A  or somewhere else. Denise will send Cindy her Chik-Fil-A contact. Moira adds information about Bellisarios.

Second Report – Kim Belisle (Treasurer)
  • (attach December Budget)
  •  There are more expenses coming buses, janitorial, (KIDA), fundraisers cookies, and need more student accounts paid
Third Report - Jo McManus (2nd Vice President)
  • driving - not available atm

Fourth Report – Robin Marquart (1st Vice President)
  • Looking for someone to work with Moira on Jazz night
  • Looking for someone to help with the annual banquet
  • Spirit and Show wear orders lead needed. There is a good opportunity to help with championship wear to get prepared for next year.
Fifth Report – Sherry McCoy Quinones (Secretary)
  • nothing to report
Sixth Report – Moira Fisher (President)
  • Reminder that even though Marching Band happens in the fall, it is a big program and we fundraise year round. This keeps our band fees lower. More volunteer opportunities are forthcoming. Thank you to Jo for the Christmas tree fundraiser. Car wash etc we need more people to step into leadership roles for these events.  Question from Gillian - dates for next Bingo? Nov 17th looks like the best date. Jacklyn S. will sponsor the firehall rental for 2024!!!
Seventh Report – Denise Failacci (Fundraising)
  • Cookie orders due Thursday, go to signup genius, 10 slots are taken but we hope to sell 100 boxes.  
  • Hershey park ticket sales coming up - update from Debbie. Waiting until after cookie sale to advertise. Tickets will be good through January 2025. Parking passes will also be available. There aren’t any savings with the meal plan, but it will be offered because people are interested. Can be ordered online, but payments must go to the black box in the music room. Denise will get approval for flyers in the school. Deadline for ticket orders will be April 9th.
  • February spirit night at Chick-fil-A
  • Moira adds cookie sale has an upcoming deadline
  • Kim adds to remind kids to put forms/payments into the box
  • Nick adds that access to black box might be limited, please do not leave things on Nick’s desk or in the band room - you must put it into the black box.
  • Denise says if you cannot get your order form to the black box, email Rebecca or Denise because other arrangements can be made.
  • Question from Jo to Nick - can a student take their black box stuff to the front office and ask it to be placed into Nick’s mailbox? Yes

Next Booster Meeting Feb 29th 7pm Virtual

Time to adjourn Moira 7:59
1st Jo
2nd Kim